Saturday 17 September 2016

Imperfect actions to keep on track

Day 7 of the challenge. What's one imperfect action I can put in place to keep me on track, every day.

I can think of 50. But I can't do 50. And as Nat Sisson points out, overwhelm and procrastination jump in right about there - where there are big important things to do and we fear failure or worse, success...

So what can I do daily? Am on it. And it starts with exercise.
Why exercise? Because I'm going to need stamina. This is a long haul dream not an overnight blip.

Even as I write this, I'm planning my gym visit after my lunch with my Dad. It would have been this morning, but with the internet down at my place and hot spotting on my phone - everything I'm doing is slower than it should be.

Videos are buffering, I can open only a couple of programs at a time.

First world problems. But let's face it, IT issues, car faults and in my case, not being able to separate the frozen Vogel's slices quickly enough, are the things that make me want to lose my rag.

Stamina will get me through the tough moments more easily. Tiredness being the fastest way to make poor decisions and submit to overwhelm.

Stamina will get me through the long nights and weekends doing all those extra things.

Stamina will help me see more clearly how I can be there for friends and family and not just my dream.

And for me that starts with exercise. Stronger, fitter and more able me, will achieve so much more. And I figure as exercise becomes my daily event, other healthy practices can build from there.


This blog post is in response to Natalie’s 10 Day Freedom Plan Blog Challenge Day 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment