Monday 19 September 2016

Location independence

Day 9 of the challenge. Location independence. What would it be like to live, work and play from anywhere in the world?

Blimey. I am the woman who drove from Ohakune halfway back to Auckland because my mobile died on my much anticipated skiing holiday week... and then I had a brain wave and drove to Taupo, bought a new phone and made it back in the pitch dark to Ohakune. DRAMA!


So location independence for me is where I don't have to miss out on life because of work commitments. Technology helps. Planning helps. Not overcommitting is key.

In fact, that's the killer at the moment. So much to do and just me to do a lot of it. Even putting together the emails to get others doing things is on my list of to-dos.

I need to get better at this. I'm banning the word busy because I'm tired of that badge (so over worn, just quietly).

The perfect balance of work and adventure for me is about being able to lunch with friends when they pop in from out of town (will be good to see you today Michelle).

It's about hanging out with a mate on the radio (Mariska, looking forward to it).

It's about enjoying meeting new people and having time to stay in touch with them (Deb, Nat, Senka, Fiona).

It's about staying in touch with family and friends (Annette - great to catch up last week. Sandra - you too).

Today's paper says working more than 50 hours a week means you stop being productive. Wow. I regular do more than that and have for years.

So today I'm going to take a long hard look at what I need to do and what I don't. I'm going to delegate those tasks that need delegating. I'm going to plan my diary to ensure there's room for all the things that matter. And I'm going to Pomodoro-technique my arse off.

The future looks bright.


This blog post is in response to Natalie’s 10 Day Freedom Plan Blog Challenge Day 9.

No comments:

Post a Comment